STEM, STEAM and STEAM++
The Barboza Space Center was founded under the belief that students need hands on experience in the areas of STEAM++ (science, technology, engineering, visual and performing arts, mathematics, computer languages and foreign languages). Today, The Barboza Space Center is actively developing the technologies to prototype satellites, robots and Martian habitats with the ultimate goal of enabling humans to occupy Mars.
The Barboza Space Center is currently seeking talented individuals for our Fellowship Program at the CAMS High School location on the campus of California State University Dominquez Hills. The Barboza Space Center engineering Student Fellows play a significant role in the design, development, testing and manufacturing of spaceflight hardware. Here at The Barboza Space Center, you will obtain invaluable hands-on technical experience that you can’t learn in a classroom. Our engineering and science teams will help you to roll up your sleeves and apply textbook theory and lab experience to creating solutions for real aerospace challenges. You will gain practical experience by participating in actual space hardware design, building and repair projects. The most successful candidates for the Barboza Space Center Fellowship Program have a history of significant contributions to hands-on extracurricular engineering projects in addition to a strong academic record.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited public or private high school
- Parent permission is required
- Must submit a letter of intent
- Must submit a current resume
- Must be recommended by a school administrator
- Attend a formal interview
- Students must be able to participate for the duration of the program, June 12-15, 9:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Hands-on experience through science fair projects, lab research, project teams, prior internships or work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a regular pace
- Intermediate skill level using Macintosh and/or Windows Operations Systems
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Resume and Letter of Intent due to Ms. Shipman by May 15th at 4:30 pm.